5G is approaching fast, with deployments planned in the near future. The next evolution of wireless will have a profound effect around the world as it impacts almost every industry and electronic device. It is critical that operators and OEMs set a foundation today with current technologies, like Gigabit and LTE IoT, that will enable success when 5G arrives. Learn what is coming next from Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and other ecosystem leaders who are driving the connected world forward and what you should be focused on as we approach the next, and biggest, G.
Special on-stage guests:
- Mr. Luca Orsini, Head of Networks, Market Area North East Asia, Ericsson
- Mr. Kazuo Murata Vice President, Product Development, Sony Mobile Communications Inc.
- Mr. Jerry Shen, Chief Executive Officer, ASUS
- Mr. Don Butler, Executive Director, Connected Vehicle and Services, Ford Motor Company
- Mr. Greg McKelvey, Executive Vice President, Chief Strategy & Digital Officer, Fossil Group
- Mr. Patrick Lo, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, NETGEAR
Cristiano Amon serves as executive vice president of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., and president of Qualcomm CDMA Technologies (QCT), the world’s largest provider of wireless chipsets and software solutions. In this role, he is responsible for the oversight of all activities related to Qualcomm’s semiconductor business. Amon also serves as a member of Qualcomm’s executive committee.
Amon served as co-president of QCT for three years and prior to this was senior vice president of product management with QCT, managing the Company’s wireless chipset portfolio. Amon joined Qualcomm in 1995 as an engineer and during this time he has held several other business and technical leadership roles at the Company.
Prior to joining Qualcomm, Amon served as the chief technical officer of Vésper, a wireless operator in Brazil and held positions in NEC, Ericsson and Velocom Inc.
Amon holds a Bachelor of Science in electrical engineering from UNICAMP – Universidade Estadual de Campinas, São Paulo, Brazil.